Tuesday 25 February 2020

Sorval

Aasimar, Light Cleric
Boros Legionnaire

The dice aren't in my favor this evening. I sit here in this inn, losing, but luckily this place makes the best spiced bushstrider stew, so the evening isn't lost. There are a bunch of Boros legionnaires present, and I know that those that take my money now, will give it back to me. 

Nobody wants to get on a Cleric's bad side. Especially if that Cleric is blessed by the angels like I am. Even though I am 25 now, I haven't had the best of luck in the past. My grandfather was a great Boros legionaire, but my mother didn't inherit his battle prowness. My father never rose a rank in the Legion. I now carry my grandfathers weapon, but I will never carry a piece of equipment of my parents. 

They don't deserve the honor of me carrying their gear. Even their death was a disgrace, killed by a fall, not even during battle, but they just fell down. I have my grandfather to thank I was allowed to join the Legion. My grandfather and the Angels of course. 

I was only 15 when I got visited by an angel for the first time. It happened in a dream, the angel revealed itself to me and told me that I have a great destiny ahead of me. When I woke up the next day, the angel had left a keepsake for me. I will never forget my grandfathers words as he told me of the honor I had recieved "Sorval, this can only mean that you are chosen to one day stand among the Warleaders". 

That day was also the anniversary of the death of my parents, but from that day on, their death wasn't important anymore, only the visitation was worth remembering, what happened the year before wasn't important. The blessing of the angel has made me stronger. Even though I am a human, I can see in the dark and my healing is stronger then normal. It is obvious that I am superior to all those of the same age as me in my Legion, and soon I'll soon prove it. 

My battle squadron is lucky to have me. They are stronger then the others of our class, and I can't take all the credit myself. They are strong, together we will raise to the top. There is a commotion outside, time for me to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment